Wednesday, October 12, 2011

My First Memory

The very first moment of consciousness that I can recall, I must have been two or three years old.
I remember being in church during Mass.  Of course I didn't know it was church at the time - for some reason I thought we were at one of Mom's meetings.  No idea why I thought that.  (Her meetings at that time would have been the Ladies Guild at church, or something like it, considering she was a stay-at-home -mom / farm wife.) 

Something more stands out.  I remember that I was in Dad's arms.  As a toddler, I was standing with my feet on the back of the pew in front of us, with Dad supporting me to stand.

I love that that is my first memory.
Looking back, it's sort of full circle.

Dad gave me a strong foundation of faith, raising me in the Catholic Church. From my earliest moment, I can remember Dad supporting me.  Physically in this case - but his support never ceased - even when I was making decisions not everyone understood.  All the while, my dad supported me.
This is the earliest photo of me that I know of, 
taken on the day of my Baptism.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think. Share questions. Be kind.